Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Social Networking and My poor blog

So I finally realized both Facebook and Twitter has this thing called 'list' which I've never understand it other than it being a 'label'. My retarded soul just realized that it can be used the same way as a news aggregation, in a social way.

So I can add my 'real' friends to 'RealFriend' list and have a 'celeb' list following all the celebrities, and a 'professional' list for ppl I know from work...etc. Now, when I check the 'updates/news' I can just check the list to look at news at specific lists first... this way it's less noisy than the way I have been doing... basically having no list at all...

I know, I am about a year behind in social network, and this babystep is sooo big for me.

But, is it really worth it to make all these efforts to think of a 'list' to put the people in? I still find it too troublesome. Speaking for my anti-social nature.

Social Networking is booming, people express themselves on it, post local observation on it, deals, posessions, preferences, even their research notes/blogs... and those information are becoming very private, if works as designed.

Is it really helping human being to improve the way we communicate with each other and speed up the information flow? Or is it going to just become bunch of little social circles (looking from the total human scale) where certain information only flows within that circle and may eventually get lost when the 'list' is unlisted?

In the 1990's we go to library, clip down newspapers, categorize our notes and clips...
In the 2000's we start to use Search engines like Altavista/yahoo/Google/wikipedia to search for things people document online
In the 2010's we are moving into social networking, looking for trendy news, tribal knowledge fom socially connected sources... If the sources allows us to see the results.

It seems the control of the knowledge source is getting more and more distributed?

Regardless, I guess as a human, or a social being, I better catch up and start to organize my lists... :D

No comments: